You’ve got a burst pipe and your bathroom is filling up with water fast. Take a look at the below tips to educate yourself on how to handle a plumbing emergency before help arrives.
- Turn off the main water valve. If you are unsure where this is, familiarize yourself with it ahead of time. This is the best way to ensure you’re prepared if disaster strikes
- If you are able to, begin removing excess water by mopping
- Create a makeshift barrier between soaked carpet and furniture
- Refrain from using any electronic household appliances
- Put valuables in a separate, safe and dry place